Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

An Impending Talent

In Italy, if one called themselves a designer they are capable of designing anything. From graphic design to web design, from fashion design to interior design, from industrial design to architectural design-- it all lies under the same study. 

As I'm being persuaded to actually enjoy my Italian Art and Drawing class, today's class gave me an entirely different outlook on the art of drawing. Our class took a field trip to the Sforza Castle (Castello di Porta) which was originally constructed by Lord Galeazzo || Visconti in 1358. It was also originally a main resident in the city if it's Visconti Lords but was destroyed by the Golden Ambrosian Republic that turned this beauty into a battle ground. 

The featured museum inside the castle holds thousands of artifacts of the remains. My job today as a student was to find artifacts, study the structure of it and draw. Well, of course I have the best drawing skills on earth (How about the worst in the class), but I gave it my all of 20 minutes and it didn't turn out too shabby. 

Below shows images of the castle as well as my beautiful creations. Enjoy! Ciao. 




Drawing #1 
Drawing #2

Hey, it's me!

4 comments:

  1. Hey... how are you doing? Things are really cold here! Today it was -4 degrees in Columbia. We got 6-8 inches of snow ... they even cancelled school (Stephens and UMC) for two days! Just wanted to know that I am thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I heard the weather there has been terrible. Things are beginning to pick up a lot here at NABA. We have a ski trip this Friday that I am very excited about. I'll be sure to post pictures of my weekend in the Apennines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your pics! Just so you know, I gave your link to Study Abroad Italy (SAI)... I am sure they will be reading it... You are doing a great job! Thanks LB

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a good job Bianca on the drawings!

    ReplyDelete